Saturday 16 May 2009

Tired legs....

Hey!

I hope you're all having a fab weekend so far! I've been a busy gal so far...today I completed a walk (9 miles long!) to raise money for breast cancer around Carsington Reservoir - the weather was fine for most of it, but at the end we got drenched (luckily we all had waterproofs on and saw the funny side!) My legs are starting to ache a little now but I've had a soak and now want to share with you my feeble attempt at sewing my own corsage (see previous post for an explanation!)

So with a little bit of help from my mum I managed to create a corsage - it's nothing fab but I thought I'd share it with you for a giggle more than anything!Fortunately it's saved by the centrepiece (courtesy of mum) which is actually a piece that's broken from a necklace.
As I was attempting to sew this I was thinking - you could do the same thing with ribbon and place a button in the middle. I think it could make a cute little embellishment!

Right then before I go just a couple of pics from our walk - notice the dry start and soggy finish LOL! It really was a fab day out and raised a super amount of money for breast cancer - roll on next year!

Hoping to find some time tomorrow to craft so off to rest now!
Thanks for stopping by!

Aimes
x

5 comments:

Emma said...

You ladies are all amazing, especially you Aimes. A big whop, whop to you for your heroic walk for such a special cause.

Hope your bath relaxed your tired legs - you derserve all the praise, you've earned it.

Emma x

Kate Lewis said...

Wow, I love your corsage! You're a clever gal aintcha?! A huge congrats on the walk, hope you have a restful day today to recover! hugs Kate xxx

Alex said...

WOW Aimes, didn't know you were doing the walk, it must be so rewarding to do this for a great cause :)

Hope you're all rested up now.

Can't wait to see more cards from you soon.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Alison said...

Wow, well done to you all!
That corsage turned out great!

Karen said...

Beautiful corsage and so clever. BIG congratulations on the walk too, looks like you had lots of fun
Hugs,
Karen x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.