Wednesday 3 August 2011

Roll on the guy cards...

If you've popped across from Gallery Idol you can check out more about my final entry here!
Voting ends tomorrow night at 7pm (UK Time) so I urge you to take a peek over there and vote. Click on the link in my sidebar to see my entry :)
Thank You


Hey!

Ooooh a Wednesday - not too used to posting on a Wednesday: it's usually the day I dash in from work, have a quick drink, throw my footie gear on and head back outta the door! I have a bit more time on my hands today though - school is out for summer (yay!) and the footie season is over for a few weeks (not so happy about that one as it means more trips to the gym!)

So what am I sharing with you today? Well a card I'm hoping to squeeze in to the current Embellish Challenge:

Enjoy Today

Yeah! Check me out! Cutting into the Dotty DP that I've hoarded for years *grin*



I'm trying to get a head-start on all the guy cards I've gotta whip out this month. We have so many guys in the family celebrating their special days in August - good job they picked this month as I have time to figure out where on Earth to start with their cards; whenever I sit to make a guy card I have to have the idea already in my head or else I'll sit there stumped for hours!

The sketch was totally inspired by the current Viva La Verve sketch
I love how versatile this sketch it - I can see me using it for a number of different occasions by simply replacing the heart with something else and mixing up the colours.

Well as much as I love hanging around here I'm a busy gal: I've gotta get packing for our holiday! We're going for a traditional British holiday by the sea-side next week and I can't wait to have a li'l paddle and an ice cream :) Watch out Abersoch - here we come! So no doubt I'll be MIA next week (hope to get a few scheduled posts organised but don't hold me to it!) but if you see this image next to your post in Google Reader:

...it's more than likely to be me :)

Hope you can hang around for our fabulously fun CASE study blog hop tomorrow!

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{Enjoy Today}
Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve Stamps)/Star Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Enchanted Evening Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Linen and Canvas Impression Plate, Rustic Button Twine, Dark Chocolate Button (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug (Provocraft)

17 comments:

Emma said...

Wow girlie - you are a real crafting demon lately. Check out your challenge card - awesome twine work and great mix with that precious DP.

If I haven't said it lately I think you are AMAZING! - so proud of your gallery idol run :D

Ooh and watch out Abersoch!

Lindsay said...

Great man card Amy! Love the window and texture behind it and the star with the twine is fabulous!

IamDerby said...

Love this card! How exciting with gallery idol, huh? Are you happy its about to be over?

Maureen said...

yay for vacation!! I'm sure you'll be planning your cruise at the same time ;) LOVE this card all over again and the twine/star element :) hugs, Duchess ;)

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!

Daniela F. said...

Great guy card! Loving the rustic twine and star element. Off to vote :)

Amy Kolling said...

ack!!! You used one of our favorite sets....Star Prints! I am going to CASE this my friend...so stinking fab for a man card! Great use of the sketch!

Karen B. said...

Aimes, this is amazing! I absolutely adore everything you make with the linen impression plate!

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the polka dots on the navy card stock!!!

Lynn said...

Fabulous card! perfect for the men in your life! Have a wonderful holiday Aimes!

Sharron said...

SO cool, Aimes--I love the twine & star! It's a really fantastic guy card. Your vacation sounds heavenly. How wonderful to be able to get away. And finally the last week of Gallery Idol--hope, hope, hope you come out the top winner!

Jenny said...

Simple and gorgeous Aimes, love the polka frame....I've been trying to overthink this challenge, I'm not so good with PP!
Enjoy your hols :)
Jenny x

AuroraDawn said...

Wow, can guess it's the school holidays, you're on a roll girlie

Mens cards are always difficult but yours is fantastic, love star prints and the use of twine!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

What a cute use of patterned paper! Love that star with the twine! Thanks so much for playing along and congrats on your Gallery Idol accomplishments!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! How did I miss this? It's fabby!!! Congrats on the Embellish spotlight, Aimes! (and on being brave enough to cut some of that cutie dotted paper too ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats

Chunyuan said...

Congrats on your win. Love the dotty PP and start with the twine.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.