Wednesday 22 August 2012

Diva for the day...


Hey!

Happy Wednesday - just! It's rare that I post so late at night; I'm live bloggin' as I've spent most of today being a Diva (Verve stylee, of course!) an catching up with their fun Anni-VERVE-sary challenges! I was desperate to squeeze them into what's turning out to be a very busy week here.

So I'll get straight to it! I had 3 challenges left to play along with so here are the result from my Diva session!

Challenge 3 - a sketch challenge. I used to be able to follow sketches so easily but now I find that they hinder my mojo more than boost it! I guess it's pretty hard to interpret a sketch like this one to a CAS gal like myself *wink*


I'm serious. This sketch was keeping me up at night! But maybe that's a good thing because I'm happy that I managed to crack it:

P You're so...

Now it's still kinda CAS...I inked up some new Paper Smooches background stamps for the houndstooth pattern but the rest is Verve. The rest you ask? Surely there's only one more stamp on this card? Well there's a li'l magnetic magic behind this card - simply lift to complete the sentiment:

P Amazing

Hee! I do love an interactive card, even if the sketch behind it nearly killed me! I simply adhered a tiny magnet behind the circular panel of card and another magnet behind the houndstooth pattern. I was lucky enough to be sent some samples of magnets from Magnet Expert and I love 'em! The sizes range from the super big to the super tiny, perfect for cards that require an interactive feature *wink*

Challenge 4 - a challenge that I think was thought of just for me (and my buddy, Lynn!)


Woo hoo! This I can do in a jiffy - no sleepless nights for this challenge! :)

P Happy Happy Happy

This card will be heading to either my brother, or my guy's brother for their birthday soon.

4 challenges down, only one more to squeeze in! Challenge 5 was something that I don't do enough when I think of all the supplies I own:


Now I'm gonna 'fess up - I was getting pushed for time at this point. My guy is off work too and wanted to head out so I needed to whip up something quick. So cue a coordinating tag to match the card created for Challenge 4:

P Tag

I now need to get busy stamping coordinating wrapping paper methinks! Ha!

Right, if you've made it this far, well done! And if you've just looked at the pictures and ignored the waffle then that's OK too - it's late after all!

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight (or today!) I can hear a cuppa calling me so I'm signing off.

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{You're so AWESOME}
Stamps: Happy Days (Verve Stamps)/Large Houndstooth Background, Small Houndstooth Background (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Buttercup (A Muse)/Red (Versamagic)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)/Teal (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Ledger from Basic White 6x6 Collection (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Small Magnets (Magnet Expert)/Chompy (Corner Chomper)/Circle Nestability (Spellbinders)/

{Have a HAPPY Birthday}
Stamps: Happy Days (Verve Stamps)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Blue Marvy Blending Block (Marvy)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)

{HAPPY Birthday Tag}
Stamps: Happy Days (Verve Stamps)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Blue Marvy Blending Block (Marvy)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Tag Sale #3 Die, Fresh Snow Twill, Cream Button Twine (Papertrey Ink)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff! Love it!

pamela said...

PRETTY ♥♥♥♥♥ I love the ombre sentiment :D

Lynn said...

Okay...let's chat Diva! I am in love with every single one of your challenge cards. First things first...your take on the sketch = AWESOME...you are not only a Diva but a CAS goddess too! And yes...the CAS challenge was for you and me...wink, wink! Love how you stamped off a bit for it and the tag! Fabulous.

and on to other questions...did you buy the shoes? :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Lynn, You are CAS Goddess, Aimes! The second card and tag is FAB. I not only love the neutral 'Happy' with a pop of colour 'Happy' but that ombre of blue is AWESOME. WOW!
Love how you did the sketch as well. Unique!
You Rock!

Debby said...

I totally know what you mean about sketches being hard for us CAS girls! You totally rocked it though :) My fav though has to be the birthday card, oh and the matching tag. I guess that's all of it then!!

Laurie said...

Ok Diva! I love all of these! That linen ip makes me happy, happy! And the soft yellow on the first one...so pretty! LOVE!!

~amy~ said...

super love them all my diva friend:)

Maureen said...

I knew you and Lynn would ROCK this layered challenge, Duchess. Those little magnets are genius! Gotta keep that sweet flap down so it doesn't ruin the surprise! And what a cool card...so happy to see you giving those stamps lots of love this week :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.