Tuesday 20 August 2013

A 'fab' project...

Fab friend
Hey!

So roll on scheduled post number two of the week. By now I'm hoping that I've a good dose of gelato and I'm still sunburn free!

Today's 'fab' creation is a 'sweet' reminder about our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey. We want you to be inspired by something sweet!

Now if you don't 'get' this project, let me explain. For my sweet inspiration I took a literal, retro approach and went back to my childhood. I loved fab ice lollies as a kid (Pssst - I still do now!) and was inspired to recreate one. If you remember them/still have them did you have to eat them the same weird way I did? I had to peel off the chocolate layer first, then scoff all the cream layer and finally eat the ice layer. Now you can't eat this version, but it does have a magnet attached to the reverse so it'd jazz up your fridge (or freezer I guess!) :)

tips and tricks
  • To create the sparkles, I snipped out the tear shaped gems of a patterned bling design. Don't be afraid to cut up patterned bling to make it suit your project!
  • To add colour to my sparkles/sprinkles I used a Promarker on the clear gems. Easy! I purchase all my bling in clear and colour it to have perfectly coordinating bling no matter what.
Now come on and be inspired by something sweet yoruself. You don't need to take a literal approach to the inspiration - just be inspired by something sweet in any way and get creative! One randomly selected peep will win a $5 Papertrey Ink gift certificate!

Ciao, peeps! :)

Signature2






Products Used
N.B The American Craft Thickers are no longer in production in that style. I've found them here in green though! :)


   




11 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is FAB-ulous... adorable and yummy. I loved these ice lollies too and regularly stock my freezer up with them now to inspire my kids but I usually have to sneak one myself... Just for old times sake! Enjoy your holiday and gelato. X

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

OMG how "FAB" is this??!! LOVE!! :D

Anonymous said...

Oooow yes please, I love 'fab' ice lollies...lol Great idea to make into a magnet ;)

Happy hols!

Vicki x

Antonella said...

Yummy delicious! Love your FAB-ulous treat!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Maureen said...

oh, I can just taste this, Duchess! This is gelato would be so good I wouldn't want to leave Italy! We've got some great gelato places here too, you know...add that to your "list"! I hope you are having an amazing time! Ciao Bella!

Colleen Wold said...

Holy fabulous-ness! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

~amy~ said...

awwww...super sweet!

Suzanne said...

This is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time and the color combo is FAB!!!

sandie said...

fab! What a great 'bling' tip-I hadn't thought of that! Hope you are enjoying the sun x

Taheerah said...

Although I never ate these as a kid and have still never had one (don't judge me, lol!) this *amazing* creation simply leaves my mouth watering!! This is truly unbelievable Aimes, I'm in awe!!

Jenny said...

oooo yum!!! Love the little gem sprinkles.... Never thought of chopping up flower gems!!! I was more of a Feast fan myself and do you remeber Funny Feet??!!!
Hope your having a great time on your hols :0)
Jenny x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.