Friday 25 October 2013

Another ho,ho,ho-liday card...

Season's Greetings
Hey!

Hooray for Friday! Today marks a training day for me at work and nearly the start of the half term holidays - woo hoo! Another reason to celebrate today is that it's the final day of the Uniko Studio sneak peeks and all the products will be available to purchase from tomorrow! :)

If you've missed the fun of the peeks this week you can check them out here, here, here and here. (Once again, said in my best air stewardess voice with accompanying actions *wink*).

I think Bev of Uniko Studio has saved the sweetest and cutest set for last. She says that she doesn't do 'cute' but this set begs to differ. Jolly Christmas is such a sweet set that features Saint Nic himself, a sweet tree and great sentiments. I mean c'mon, how could I not resist inking up Santa? He's adorable!

tips and tricks
  • To help 'ground' Santa and not have him appear to be floating, I stamped a subtle line of trees from Background Builders: Christmas.
  • I added a lot of dimension to santa by giving his fur trim some sparkles (Glitter), his beard some texture (Fluff), and his boots and belt some polish (Glossy Accents).
Here's a close up of Santa. I wish you could feel just how fuzzy his beard is! :)

 Season't Greetings Santa Close Up
Check out the Uniko Studio blog for more deets on this super-sweet set. And of course, be sure to check out the Uniko Studio blog for the full release reveal tomorrow - it's a great one!

Thank you so much for checkin' in today; whether you've just tuned in today or have been here all week, every visit is very much appreciated.

Signature2


12 comments:

itsallrosi said...

what a perfect Santa!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Lovely Santa card Aimes and your fluff, sparkle and polish accents are right up my street! so A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E x

cm said...

Adorable Santa - and the textures you've added are such special touches! Thanks again for the 'grounding' tips; something I really need to pay attention to, as my images float too often! Fabulous showcase of Jolly Christmas; off to work feeling festive!
c

aaga said...

What kind of paper do you use? I saw that pattern on your white cards too and I love it. Thanks in advance!

Aimes said...

Hi Aaga. I use Papertrey Ink card and I impress the pattern on to it using Papertrey Ink's Canvas and Linen impression plate. HTH! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet, love the texture from the glittery and glossy accents.

Jane said...

He is a very cute Santa! I'm falling in love with him more and more every time I look.

Darnell said...

Stop it! He is too darn cute for words, Aimes! The dimension is fab - he looks like a wobble doll!!

Anonymous said...

Great card. So think I need a Santa like this! Thanks.

Jenny said...

He's adorable Aimes and I love the extra texture you've given him too :0)

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Fab card! It's those touches like the fluff, and Glossy Accents that make a CAS card really a wow card ;) Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

Deborah Frings said...

He's absolutely adorable! Love the shine on his belt and boots!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.