Friday 4 October 2013

Doily Die = Wreath Die

celebrate the season wreath
Hey!

Oh hooray for Friday. If your week has been anything like my last couple, you’ll be as excited as I am to see the weekend approaching! :)

I've somehow managed to squeeze in a teeny tiny amount of inky time and managed to whip up a few samples to give you sneak peek of what’s coming your way from Clearly Besotted Stamps in a few days time (Oct 6th).

You may have seen on the CBS DTs blogs a peek at a gorgeous set (with a coordinating die) called Delightful Doilies. Well, I took one look at the doily die and thought Christmas (what else at the moment?!). Yup, that’s not just a doily die, but a wreath die too of course!

I added a sentiment from the new set, Modern Christmas (designed by myself – eek!), in the centre of the wreath. It fits perfectly. Score!

Joy Wreath
And you know that I was too lazy to separate the larger and smaller doily dies when I ran them through my Cuttlebug with green felt, right? So it made sense to make a mini version of the same card. The mini ‘Joy!’ sentiment from Modern Christmas fits perfectly in the mini doily-wreath. Double score! :D
    tips and tricks
  • Decorate your doily-wreath with a variety of embellishments! Buttons, sequins, gems etc…. It’s the perfect way to use up any embellishments you may have lying on your desk.
  • Don’t feel like you have to stick with the traditional colour combos either. I'm just a sucker for red and green, always have been, always will be!
  • To add an extra Christmas/holiday vibe to the cards I stamped CBS's Basic Stripes at a 45 degree.
So there you have it. A doily die that has magically transformed into a wreath die – ta-dah!

Must dash, got my final day of madness at work to get through before I can look forward to World Card Making Day tomorrow! I hope you can stick around/visit here tomorrow for it as we’re also celebrating Clearly Besotted Stamps’ 1st birthday. Cue amazing prizes, peeps and projects; you don’t wanna miss it!

Signature2

22 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great idea and using felt is the best!!

Neets B said...

What a fabulous use of the die, I don't have any felt but I feel a purchase may be coming on now! And I love your 45 degree stripes, that backdrop finishes off your cards perfectly. Can't wait to see your sentiment designs, the full reveal can't arrive soon enough! :) xx

Hannah said...

You always produce such clean looking cards, I love the colour combinations, feeling so festive already!

Dana F. said...

Oh dear, this is both clever and gorgeous! Congrats on your newest stamp set, too :)

Lynn said...

Seriously Aimes...you are full of amazing Christmas inspiration this week. Love the wreath!

Cindy Lovell said...

SO pretty!! I love that you used the doily die for a wreath! Beautiful!!!

Caryn said...

eeeek! I LOVE it! That's the only set I haven't played with yet - you have inspired me!!

anja curvers said...

yes very pretty love them.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Aimes! CAS perfection.

Mandy said...

Brilliant idea Aimes !
Enjoy your weekend.
xx

Mars x said...

Stunning! Mars x

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Gorgeous doily-come-wreaths! Love this inspiration, thanks ;)
Rx

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, what a brilliant idea! I love your color combo and your bow is lovely, too! Beautiful card, Amy!!!

Lindsey said...

Brilliant! I hope you can rest and enjoy your weekend!

Liz Whitty said...

Love the wreath

Conservatory-Girl said...

this is awesome! <3

Judith said...

Very pretty, love the felt! Thank you for your Tips & Tricks!
Happy CBS-Birthday to you too!
Greetings from The Netherlands,
Judith

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, such stunning cards. I adore this wreath !

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous love this idea!

Petti said...

Love this card!

camcas said...

Beautiful!

Taheerah said...

Love these Aimes, the mini one just made me squeal!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.