Monday 9 December 2013

Getting loved up (Part 1)...

BE MINE Envie
Hey!

Happy Monday! Although "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" as we all know, we cardmakers are already starting to look to the next occasion in the calendar. The Uniko Studio release does just that. That's right, it's time to love it up and think of Valentine's day!

I'll be posting sneaky peeks of the release over the next three days so I hope you can stick around. :)

Today we're giving you a peek of a new addition to the All Occasion Sentiments series. All Occasion Sentiments #5 features sentiments of a love theme in a variety of fonts. For today's mini envie I inked up the sentiment, 'BE MINE'.

BE MINE Envie
There's lots going on with this mini envie. I was in a creative flow and didn't know when to stop! Maybe I should have stopped sooner... Ha!

Well there's no going back now, so lemme give you a brief tour of it:
  • The gold-splatter background was created by mixing gold Perfect Pearls and water, then simply loading up a paintbrush with it and splattering/dripping/flicking it everywhere. I mean everwhere!
  • The vellum strip was covered in a stamp from Background Builders: Circles in Versamark ink and dusted in gold Perfect Pearls (sans water).
  • The peg, twine and sentiment are pretty self explanatory I think. :)

tips and tricks
  • Creating a love-themed project for a guy doesn't have to mean using girly pinks. Any colour can work!
  • Like the design for a card rather than a mini envie? Simply mount the envie on to a card base and as a bonus, place a gift card inside of it. A present and card in one creation! 
  • The card that fits in this mini envie is tiny. I wouldn't recommend posting it, but it makes for a sweet way to send a note. I think I'll be sneaking this into my guy's packed lunch.
Want to know what's hiding in this mini envie? You'll have to stop by here for part 2 tomorrow to find out as we give you another sneak peek of a new Uniko Studio stamp set. (Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but the heart on today's project is giving you an extra early peek of tomorrow's featured set! *wink*) 

As for today, check out a few more sneak peeks of this set courtesy of the Uniko Studio DT. You may be left feeling a little loved up yourself!

Signature2



Products Used 
(Sets that are yet to be released will be added once available for purchase)

18 comments:

Debby Hughes said...

Stopped me in my tracks STUNNING!

sandie said...

Hi Aimes, love the gold splatter background-bet you ended up with that all over the place but had a lot of fun!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous. I love the touch of sequins. So elegant Aimes!

Michelle Short said...

Stunning Aimes, love it! xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Cute and chic Aimes. x

~amy~ said...

sigh, so very sweet.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is fabulous....

Jane said...

Was wondering about the heart on the peg, look forward to tomorrow's reveal.

cm said...

Wow, this is one beautifully dressed up mini-envelope! Perfect showcase of the new release. LOVE it!
c

Miriam Prantner said...

Darling envelope! I love all the gold!

Virginia L. said...

This is so sophisticated and gorgeous! Love it, Amy!

Julie Ebersole said...

SHUT UP!!! Love this quite muchly, chica!

Lucy Abrams said...

Really really beautiful Aimes. Love the colour combination.

Cindy Lee said...

Such a pretty packaging! Love it, Amy!!!

Taheerah said...

Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love...

Sorry but I LOVE this!!! lol!!! Aimes it's so amazing and perfect and stunning!!!!

Beverley said...

Simply divine & SO cute :) Hugs Bev x

Dana F. said...

Holy smokes, this is gorgeous! Also, how could I forget about the Perfect Pearls? I think I need to get these out again :)

Susie W. said...

Wow. This is stunning!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.