Monday 10 March 2014

Blast Off!

Blast Off
Hey!

Happy Monday! It's the 10th today so that means it's time for a fun, new Clearly Besotted Stamps challenge to stamp along with. :D



The theme for the new challenge is flight. As tempting as it was to ink up some of the new release for this, I opted for an older set to create a card that will top up my kidlet birthday stash.

The Earth was cut using my Cricut Mini an the exclusive digital set, Solar System.

Blast Off Close Up
This card was a pain to photograph due to the wobble-factor it has. You read that right: wobble-factor. Yup, this rocket likes to shake a little thanks to a strip of acetate.
tips and tricks
  • I created the starry background by randomly dotting it with my white gel pen. Adding both bigger and smaller stars gives the background a deeper perspective.
  • This design is a card that has to be hand delivered. If it gets flattened in an envie, then the wobble factor is lost! 
  • To create this for the older ones, simply change the colours of the rocket from primary colours. I think a silver rocket would look great on this card.
Now the fun part is seeing this card in action. I took a little video clip so you can see this rocket wobble away for yourself. :)

 

It really does wobble with speed when you gently knock it! :)

Now it's your turn. Come and join in the fun with us and check out the full deets of the challenge over at Stephanie's

Well that's enough wobbling for one day. I'll be back in a matter of minutes with another post today - it's a busy Monday on the blogeroo today!

Signature2


Products Used

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super FUN!

Emily Leiphart said...

Awesome card! I love the interactive part of it, too, and was hoping you had made a full-length video of you creating the card! ;)

Marion said...

Love this Aimes. A really fun card - great for both big and little boys :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.